Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

 A good number of my coworkers really love the chocolate & peanut butter combination, so I thought I'd try to make a Reese's cupcake for them. Now, this is a cheater recipe because I used some chocolate cake mix I already had in the pantry, but the frosting is homemade- and so so so delicious. If you know anyone who loves Reese's- this would be a great frosting for a birthday cake too! 
--------------
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 Box Devil's Food Chocolate Cake mix (eggs & oil needed)
- Bag of Reese's minis
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar

HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN:
Step 1: Preheat oven as per directions on box and make cake mix as directed.
Step 2: Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full, and place 1-2 Reese's minis in the center of each cupcake.
Step 3: Bake cupcakes as directed, let cool.
Step 4: Begin frosting preparation: beat butter and peanut butter together until well mixed.
Step 5: Slowly add in the sugar, and as frosting becomes thick, slowly add milk. 
Step 6:  Beat frosting for a good 2 minutes until frosting is light and fluffy.
Step 7: Frost cupcakes, top with a Reese's mini, and enjoy!!

--------------------------------




Hungry yet?

Needless to say, these were a huge hit. The frosting is perfectly peanut buttery while still being light enough to enjoy! 

Tried any new cupcake flavors lately I should try? 
Do share.

xo, lp

12 comments:

  1. Stop it. My two favorite things besides you. I will need to make these next week as a celebratory treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm craving chocolate now... thanks so much xD I recently made lime coconut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and they were absolutely delish!

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious! My favorite is a raspberry frosting using raspberry jelly to flavor it.
    Come check out my blog today, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, yum!! These kinda sorta homemade receipes are right up my alley. =)

    I recently used a brownie mix to make peanut butter brownie bites that were uhMAZing! These cupcakes look like that could compete with the brownie bites for first place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making these on Thursday when I work from home. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY MOLY! These look INCREDIBLE! I'm a huge chocolate & PB fan and especially love Reese's PB Cups! Yum yum... feel free to send me a batch - I'll be your taste tester ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Reese's PB cups! These look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just did a big drool wipe reading this. So delish looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds and looks awesome. I don't have a cupcake recipe but I just posted a s'mores cookie bar recipe that you should definitely try. I must say, it rocks.

    Great blog!

    Catherine (your newest follower)
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look amazing -- such a shame i'm allergic to peanuts!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...